I’m an Advanced Professional member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP), the highest level of membership for this chartered institute.
In brief – it means I take my professional development and standards seriously.
You want the very best for your words, and so do I.
Please read more about my other credentials below.
- Master of Arts (MA) degree, Creative Writing – Merit (University of Hull Online) 2021–2023
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours degree, English Literature (University of Roehampton) 2003
- Therapeutic and Reflective Writing (Professional Writing Academy) 2020
- NCTJ Certificate in Periodical Journalism (National Council for the Training of Journalists) 2003
- Freelance Feature Writing – Honours Diploma (London School of Journalism) 1997
Core skills editing training
- Copyediting 2: Headway (CIEP, then SfEP) 2017
- Proofreading 2: Progress (CIEP, then SfEP) 2016
- Advanced Copyediting (Publishing Training Centre) 2011
Nine years of relevant on-the-job in-house publisher experience covering a broad range of publishing mediums, including trade journals, B2B + B2C communications, academic books and journals, and website copy
Editorial skills training
- Plain English for Editors (CIEP) 2022
- Copyright: How to get what you need in the digital age (Publishing Training Centre) 2019
- Medical Editing (CIEP, then SfEP) 2017
- Brush Up Your Grammar (CIEP, then SfEP) 2017
- Efficient Editing: Strategies and tactics (CIEP, then SfEP) 2016
- Editing with Word (CIEP, then SfEP) 2016
- Subediting and Design – Distinction (London School of Journalism) 2006